[TenTec] AGC

john marks kb4uxc at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 16 13:26:45 EST 2019

Have a time with the CW audio on my Omni 6. It’s as if the AGC isn’t working; but, When I’m listening to SSB it seems to be working OK in either the fast or slow setting. With CW, however, the initial attack is deafening and harsh especially with headphones. I wind up doing everything manually with RF gain to try and control the audio.I do have the level 1 mods with dsp, but I really havn’t found any help with from those.
Suggestions?  Is it just the nature of the rig? Mine is the only Omni 6 I have ever operated.
ThanksJohn. KM4CH