[TenTec] OMNI VI Model 563 -- no digital readout (Peter Bertini)

Gregory Smith gsmith_007 at msn.com
Wed Feb 20 14:38:58 EST 2019

Hi Pete,

Only the 7-segment displays are not working. No output data on (uP P1-7) and on clock uP P1-6) are present from the uP to the two  7-segment display drivers from the 5-pin connector.  However, those two outputs also run to the PLL pcb assy 81599 from another parallel 4-pin white connector.  This afternoon, I removed the PLL assy and changed out all the electrolytic capacitors.

Whenever I plug in the display board 5-pin connector to the logic board, the meter backlight goes dim.

All the black push-button switches work enabling the associated tiny green LED's, i.e., band, functions, filter selection, etc.

I'm putting everything back together in the OMNI VI this afternoon and I'll e-mail you the results.

73's,
Greg W2GLS
Gregory Smith