[TenTec] Fwd: Re: TenTec] Omni VI+: low TX and RX on 12 meters

Malcolm McLeman f5vbu at cegetel.net
Wed Jan 2 00:51:30 EST 2019

Although possibly not the answer to your problem a simple non
test-equipment Omni VI test worth conducting regularly...
As an almost sight-loss octogenerian who has (for the umpteenth time)
just replaced RX signal-path switching diodes on my Omni VI BPF board
may I suggest a simple (non test-equipment) test before delving in with
soldering-iron.
Remove top-half main casing and LS alu bracket at the rear then with
headphones choose any weak signal or even backround noise check the
difference between antenna plugged in normally and antenna direct to
PL17 O/P (under LS bracket) to the band filter. If there's any
perceptible increase in signal/noise strength  then surgery is required
and if that's the case don't attempt without advice which I'll happily
provide direct via email. HNY GL et 73 Malcolm/F5VBU.
ps Reason for my final sentence? TT PCB quality control should've been
shot comparing their junk to contemporary radios from YIK-San or better
still JRC.