[TenTec] Orion Xcvr, PS, and more FS

Ken, W8EK kenw8ek at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 12:49:56 EST 2019

HF Transceiver and Power Supplies For Sale:
.

.
TenTec Orion 565 HF Transceiver:

Features:

Full dual receive capability

Bandwidth, AGC, PBT, Hi-Lo Cut, AF and RF Gain, attenuator,
DSP NR and notch filtering independent on each receiver

ORION‘s main receiver performance is unmatched by any other
HF transceiver.

590 receive IF-DSP bandwidth filters (100–6000 Hz, 10 Hz steps)

Up to six crystal filters in the main receiver

The sub receiver has 590 filters independent of the main
receiver filtering

Continuous real-time spectrum display

Rated 100% duty cycle, 100 watts output

Nine adaptive DSP noise reduction filters

Dual noise blankers

Heavy duty internal automatic antenna tuner

Voice keyer and CW memory keyer built-in

See https://www.tentec.com/?p=1472 for more info.

This one looks very close to new, and works the same.
No defects.
Includes heat sink fan, power cord, paper work, and
internal antenna tuner along with 6 KHz, 2.4 KHz,
and 600 Hz filters for $1100.
.

.
TenTec 280 Power Supply:

The TenTec 280 can furnish up to 20 amps at 13.8 V DC,
with 18 amps continuous. It is a very heavy duty, solid,
linear power supply.

Compared to the earlier 252 series power supplies, the 280
uses two pass transistors instead of one, and has really
great regulation.

It will power most any 100 W HF rig. It has a power
cord on it that terminates in a 4 pin in line Molex
connector that TenTec used for power for many years.

This one works fine, and looks great as well.

Paper work is included for $89.
.

.
Astron Power Supplies:

Astron power supplies are pretty much the standard
for ham use. They provide 13.8 V DC to power most
all of our equipment, and do it well.

Features:
Excellent Solid State Electronic Regulation
Fold Back Current Limiting
Crowbar Over Voltage Protection
Heavy Duty Heat Sink
Input Voltage 105-125Vac
Output Voltage nominal 13.8Vdc, but adjustable
Ripple under 5mV

I have several available:

VS-50 M - 37 amps continuous, 50 amps ICS
It has both an ammeter and a voltmeter. Current limiting
and output voltage are both adjustable from the front panel.
$200

Astron RS-35 M
25 Amps continuous, 35 Amps ICs,
with Voltmeter/Ammeter, $110

RS-20 A - 16 amps continuous, 20 amps ICS; $65

All of these work well and look close to new.
Tested output voltage varies from 0 to 0.02 volts
under load.

Pick up near Ocala is much preferred, especially
for the VS-50 M.
.

.
TenTec Model 48-15-800 "Wall Wart" power supply
15 V DC at 800 ma $15
.

.
I have a TenTec Omni D, Series B, Model 546 that I am parting out.
Many, probably most, of the parts are compatible with most all
of the Omni series A, B, and C rigs.

The front panel is available and looks fine.

The complete final module with heat sink is working fine
and is available.

Bezel, bail, top and bottom covers are available.

Heterodyning crystals are available.

Some internal circuit boards are available.

Please let me know what you need, and we can go from there.
.

.
I also have many other accessories available such as many
different types of microphones, HTs, VHF and UHF rigs, HF
and VHF/UHF antennas, connectors, miscellaneous accessories,
etc.
Just too many to list here. Please e-mail your requests.

.
Prices do not include shipping from Florida.

Thanks.

73,

Ken, W8EK

Ken Simpson