[TenTec] problem with no audio control on OMNI V

MadScientist dukeshifi at comcast.net
Fri Jan 18 11:16:45 EST 2019

The volume control in this radio is simply a variable resistor between pins 6 and 7 of U 10, the audio amplifier.

If you were to place a 0.1 uF capacitor directly across these two pins, you would put the volume control at full on unless the pot is shorted internally to ground.

At full clockwise, the pot resistance to ground should be quite high, roughly the resistance of the pot. If it isn’t, the pot is shorted.

I have some of these if you need one.

Getting at the volume pot is actually easy - you just remove the top two Phillips screws holding the panel assembly to the radio and the whole panel hinges open.

Gary

W0DVN