[TenTec] Omni VI+ IF board gain: what is normal?

Phil Erickson phil.erickson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 11:14:40 EST 2019

Hi Pete,

  Hmm - already checked the LO level coming in to the BPF board on
connector 26 during an earlier investigation.  Depending on band, I got a
sine wave with +/- 0.5 to 1.35V using a 1 Mohm input to a scope.  Assuming
the mixer is matched to 50 ohms, that seems to work out to +10 to 14 dBm.
The Synergy CMP-231 mixer (only PDF I could find but supposed to be drop-in
replacement for the CMP-A12 used on the board) is a Level 17 mixer:

https://www.datasheets360.com/pdf/-7158805956350539594

  So maybe the LO drive is a bit off?  Is starving the mixer by a few dBm
like this a problem?

  Will check the grounded gate amps - you've given a few quick things to
do.  Will report back in a couple days.

73
Phil W1PJE