[TenTec] Omni VII Plus at Hamvention!

jon greenwood n8mus at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 1 13:28:02 EDT 2019

Ifor one really enjoyed Mike's video and the points that he made onhis decision to purchase Ten Tec because of being a receiveraficionado.

Hemade some arguments for the Low noise, easy on your ears audio whichhas always caused me to have a Ten Tec on my desk. 544 original ownerage 15. Now age 54 and NEVER without a Ten Tec on the desk!

Triedothers but they all have left!

Irecently found an article on hamradioqrp.com entitled "My TenTec Eagle Sounds Better Than My Elecraft KX3!" your eardrumswill thank you.

Itbacks up everything Mike said in his video BUT from a customer/owners point of view.

Hiscall AA4OO.

Hewas willing to give up some computer interfacing for a rig that iseasier to set in front of and listen to.

Theaudio graph of the CW signal of the Elecraft VS the Ten Tec says itall.

Ithink most of us here would make the same comments but not asprofessionally as the article did.

Iknow why I run Ten Tec rigs and it is because of their excellentunbeatable receive quality.

Ihave felt for a long time that IF Ten Tec rigs supported a panadaptersimilar to Elecraft with the P3

thatTen Tec would win over much of the business currently going to thecompetition.

EspeciallyVS the JA rigs! Thus the Pan Out feature being added is an excellentaddition to the radio.

Nowa stand alone Panadapter next????

Therest have all raised the bar in that area with touch screens and suchBUT IMO much of it

iseye candy.

Theadditions being made to the Omni VII+ and Eagle seem to supportbetter computer interfacing, especially in reference to the Eagle.

Iam very excited for Ten Tec and what this will mean for current TenTec owners/ supporters as well as those who were but have left. Howmany past customers are just waiting for something like this tohappen to put a new Ten Tec on their desk?

Mike’sbusiness acumen is just what was needed at a most pivotal time in TenTec’s history. Without him I feel we would all be owners and fansof what once was VS fans of what was and excited for what is and justexcited for what’s next!!!!! That’s the Ten Tec I remember. Theleader in cutting edge technology. The company that did it first inso many area’s!

ThankYou Mike you have many pulling for you, Keep up the great work!

73

Jon

N8MUS