[TenTec] ORION 566 - Speaker Popping Pulses Noise in the speaker - on top of the audio, not distorted audio.

W5SJL Amos Favorite W5SJL at msn.com
Mon Jun 3 09:55:17 EDT 2019

This a persistent problem and very sensitive to volume Levels

First try was the Power Regulator Board, replaced the board and monitored the +5 and + 13 VDC wit a scope and DVM .

No Sags or response on the regulated power levels.
No Problem on the headphone audio
When the speakers including remote external speaker is popping.
I would like to troubleshoot the main audio output board but have no speaker output schematic.

Can I get a set of diagrams on the audio chain?

Can I try the board from my 565 which is working fine?