[TenTec] Inop 221 Filter

Ken Brown kenradiobrown at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 15:29:25 EDT 2019

Hi Jim,

 I don't know how long you have owned and used the Omni VI. If it is new to
you, you may not be completely familiar with the interaction of the PBT
adjustment and use of narrow filters in both the 9 MHz and 6.3 MHz IFs. If
you have selected a narrow filter in the 6.3 MHz IF and NAR or N1, N2 in
the 9 MHz IF, you have to adjust the PBT to get the two bandpasses
coincident with each other. If you have not done that yet it could seem
like you 221 is faulty when it is perfectly good.

Also when installing the 9 MHz filters there are attenuator setting jumpers
that need to be in the correct positions to compensate for differing
attenuation of various filters. If one of those jumpers is in the wrong
position, missing or not making good contact the 221 could seem to be very
high attenuation compared to your other 9 MHz filter options.

If the 221 really is not working I suggest reflowing all the solder joints
on the 221 PCB.

DE N6KB