[TenTec] 9420 VS Switcher

P.C. Anderson xtraham58 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 4 13:58:47 EDT 2019

FYI, I have been running my Herc ll Amp with an Astron RS 70A with out any issues. Does not drop any volts under full load. No noise. There are some out there at a good price.

Andy...W3LI

Gary, My Hercules II blew one section of the 9420 or the supply in losing one section blew the control section of the amp.  TT repaired the amp, but I didn't want to try to get the supply down there for repair.

As a result, I bought an Ameritron 75 Amp switcher, and have used it for three or more years with no problems at all.  It's the same as the MFJ Supply with a different tag on it.
It puts out the 500 watts with no problem.I

John, K4AVX