[TenTec] Omni-C Power Switch Challenge

James Boswell jboswell at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 8 14:48:18 EST 2019

On 3/8/2019 11:56 AM, Jim C wrote:
> Hello All,
>

> My first post to this group since about 1998 or so!
>

> I recently acquired an Omni-C.
>

> *	Cosmetically perfect
> *	Mechanically/Electrically, fantastic except for one thing..it is
> always on.
>

> The push/pull power switch has no effect on the rig.  Just stays on as long
> as power is supplied.
>

> Looking for some advice before I open her up.
>

> Thank you, es 73,
>

> Jim Crites
>
> W6JIM

Jim,
      That power switch is connected to the two center pins of the 4 pin
power connector. They turn on the AC voltage on the power supply. The
radio will be constantly on unless you use a relay to switch the DC
power input. I own two Omni-C and I just use the Anderson power pole
connectors to turn the power on and off.
       I hope this helps, the Omni C are great radios.

      73'S de KA5SIW

       James B. Boswell                           JBoswell at NRAO.edu