[TenTec] 238B Antenna Switch Repair

Robb Urie rurie at bajabb.com
Sun Oct 6 14:23:15 EDT 2019

Greetings,

My trusty TT 238B tuner failed me today.  Seems as the 4 position antenna switch has lost it’s detents and the wafer just spins.  After getting the rear panel off, I cannot see the entire switch assembly due to the manner that it is attached to the circuit board.  I don’t see any loose parts or evidence of the broken detent so wondering if anyone has had to replace this wafer switch?

Getting the circuit card/back panel apart will require more work due to the SO-239 connectors, but my guess is the actual wafer switch might be a Ten Tec manufactured item.

I’d like to hear from anyone who has similar issue.

Thanks,

Robb N0RU