[TenTec] O2, MOLEX Connector

Wes Attaway (N5WA) wesattaway at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 17 07:55:53 EDT 2019

Gunner:

I believe there is an article on the TenTec Wiki about this procedure.  It
shows how to attach Power Pole sockets to the radio.  However, I did not do
mine this way.

I unsoldered and removed the Molex socket.  I had a little trouble getting
the holes cleaned out.  Some solder wick or a suction bulb will help.

Then, I just soldered a short piece (say about a foot of wire) of #14 wire
into each of the socket holes.  Your short piece of #16 should be OK but
purists will want to use #12.  Then, put some Power Pole connectors on the
ends of this wire and also on the wire coming from your power supply.

This method works perfectly fine but is not as "elegant" as putting the
Power Pole sockets right on the radio.  It is a bit difficult to deal with
the wires inside the radio that are just behind the Molex power socket.  You
have to be careful with this.

I am sure you will get various opinions on this topic.

Wes Attaway (N5WA)
(318) 393-3289 - Shreveport, LA
Computer/Cellphone Forensics
AttawayForensics.com