[TenTec] Omni VI logic board

Curt Benjamin k8aicurt at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 31 17:45:02 EDT 2019

I think my the Omni 6's logic board finally took a dump. The display and key functions have froze up and resetting won't change anything. Pressing buttons gives a beep but doesn't change the display, modes, filters or anything else.
The voltages and clock signals to the various IC's are all there and I reseated all the IC's and connectors.
I suppose there aren't any working logic boards for these rigs out there since it seems it's the first item to go and then the radios get parted out.

Rather than part this one out, I'm wondering if I could just use a Si5351 and Arduino to get this to work again.
No, it wouldn't have the advantage of that low phase noise PLL but at least it would keep it out of the junk pile.
I would use an Arduino to control a Si5351 DDS to output the 5 to 5.5 MHz and to control which LO and filters get selected.
Any thoughts?
Curt, K8AI