[TenTec] O2 battery replacement
dukeshifi at comcast.net
Mon Sep 30 12:50:23 EDT 2019
1) Remove top and bottom covers.
2) Remove 12 flat head Phillips screws holding the plastic front panel in place.
3) Hinge front panel open to reveal the yellow battery. Note its orientation in socket.
4) Pry old battery from socket gently.
5) Place new battery into socket, making certain you insert it in a straight fashion and in same orientation as original
6) Carefully push front panel assembly back into place, taking care to not pinch or remove any wires.
7) Put one screw into opposing corners to stabilize panel o you can easily reinstall remaining screws. Don’t over tighten. These only need be tight enough to reach a gentle end stop. Overtightening will crack the plastic tabs on the front panel.
8) Put covers back on.
Perform reset after this and you should be good to go.
> On Sep 30, 2019, at 10:47 AM, OZ6NF/Gunner via TenTec <tentec at contesting.com> wrote:
> My O2 says “battery failure”, and will only start after several master resets. so I’ll have to change the battery for the memory.
> I need a reference for how to open the front panel and change the battery. Didn’t find any on youtube.
> Any suggestions?
> Gunner Juul-Nyholm
> Maglegårds Allé 93 B OZ6NF - 5P5S
> 2860 Søborg
> Mobil: +45 4013 0044
> TenTec mailing list
> TenTec at contesting.com
More information about the TenTec