[TenTec] Ten-Tec Delta WARC Crystal Question

Richard AG5M ag5m at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 29 13:58:56 EDT 2020

I was given a Ten-Tec Delta 580 and have fixed it up nicely. However...
It does not have the local oscillator xtals for the 12m and 17m WARC
bands, which were not available for Amateur use at the time of manufacture.
I am going to order xtals for those bands, 29.5 MHz 3 OT 0.001% for 17m,
and 36.0 MHz 3 OT 0.001% for 12m band.
Other than those specifications, there is nothing in the manual to
indicate the loading of the xtals, series or parallel resonance, and if
parallel, what the load capacitance might be.
I am assuming series resistance, Load capacitance = None.  But it is
only an assumption.
Can anyone provide further information on the local oscillator xtals
used in the Ten-Tec Delta 580, which may have also been used in other
Ten-Tec products.
Thank you, 73 Richard AG5M