[TenTec] Paragon 585

ROLAND HOWELL snowy.howell at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 2 08:01:49 EST 2020

Hi Gents
Some bad news i'm afraid, back to the dreaded PLL unlock message again.
It only happened after I had done a total resolder of the minor loop pcb, so I sucked off all the new solder looking for mistakes, in case I had made any, nope, then did the resolder again.
I am now wondering if another IC has failed or if I have over cooked one.
I resoldered the ref pcb and the major loop board but I didn't cure the fault that I have inadvertently put on.
So I have given it up for today, pending the brain cell having a break from it.
All outputs from the ref board are correct, got the input of 2,7mHz back into the ref board
Stumped!
73
Snowy