[TenTec] Eagle and Heath SB-200 Amp

Rick at dj0ip.de Rick at dj0ip.de
Tue Feb 25 10:30:33 EST 2020

STOP; DO NOT DO ANYTHING YET!

"ASSUMPTIONS" are very dangerous.

Connecting the Eagle to an original SB-200 will damage the Eagle; specifically blow out its open-collector Amp-Key circuit.

Please find out EXACTLY what has been modified in the radio.

Best is if you can show us a circuit.

There are several good mods floating around, but I wouldn't risk someone else's word, especially if they said it ‘should’ work.

Assuming the keying circuit inside of the SB-200 has been modified to be keyed with 12 v.d.c., then a simple connection will suffice to key up the amp….but as Rich has correctly pointed out, [for CW and some digi modes, or VOX operation in SSB], you MUST add time-sequence keying.

Before we go into elaborate detail on this, please let us know if you will only be operating SSB with PTT, or using any of the other modes listed above.

73,

Rick, DJ0IP

(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)

May the Sunspots be with us!