[TenTec] Need 509 schematic

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Wed Feb 26 15:12:15 EST 2020

Since this topic came up, I've been thinking about something -- yes, it's related to the topic at hand.

Last fall, I picked up a "parts only" allegedly non functioning 509 at a hamfest for $10.  I have since acquired an original manual for it (with schematics).  What I haven't had yet, due to a promotion at work and a lack of time due to other reasons, is time to do anything with it.

When I picked it up, my initial thought was to use the case (only) for another project (that I still haven't started on yet), and then to try to restore it.

I also, along the way last year, picked up a Century 21 case (only) for possible use on that project.

I just hate to hack up either of these cases for what I need to do.

So here's a proposal:

I have about $25 invested in the 509 case, misc. boards/parts, & manual; and another $20 in the Century 21 case (with the front panel overlay, but with no case screws).  What I am looking for would be a smaller case, something like an Argosy/Argosy II/Century 22  case, that would be better suited to my other project.

Anyone on the list got anything that we can use to work out a swap?  (Which includes selling one or both cases to one person and then using the $$ to buy the empty case from someone else)

If interested, please contact me off list.

Thanks!

73, ron w3wn