[TenTec] Fwd: ARGOSY 525D

ROLAND HOWELL snowy.howell at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 16 14:35:44 EDT 2020

Good morning gents

Having had some success with my 1st 525d I thought I would get my other
down and have a look at that.
I connected a dummy load to antenna and applied power, small pop and
fuse blew, ok I said to myself, lets have a look-see.
top cover off and found the + lead to the PA touching the back case
panel.
Then it dawned on me, NO PA MODULE, I bought this many months/years ago
so I have no record of who to complain to.

The long and short of it all is that I need the 80804-d module complete
( if possible), has anybody out there got one laying around looking for
a home or can anybody suggest and alternative?

The next project is to get the back-light working in the ARGONAUT 5, the
slide in light panel is no longer available from TT, has anybody tried a
LED replacement?

stay well and happy

73

Snowy G0HZE