[TenTec] Omni 6+ Synthesizer Noise

Bob McGraw K4TAX rmcgraw at blomand.net
Fri Jun 19 13:37:45 EDT 2020

For a radio of that vintage and specially one not used very much........it is time to clean connectors.  A radio that sits and is not used much, one is not saving it but actually allows it to deteriorate.

Unplug each cable one at a time. Wipe the male pins using a Q-Tip moistened with contact cleaner. Then plug and unplug a couple of times to wipe the female contacts.  Be sure all connectors are correctly aligned and fully inserted.

NEVER spray anything into the radio.

Bob, K4TAX

Sent from my iPhone