[TenTec] Pegasus Relays Found

Bob McGraw K4TAX rmcgraw at blomand.net
Tue Jun 23 12:40:21 EDT 2020

My Jupiter Parts list shows 14 pcs of H500F12-1-C as the relay used.

NTE R46-5D12-12 SPDT printed circuit 12 Volt DC relay

Equiv. To Potter Brumfield T7CS5D-12 & T7CV5D-12

The relays on the Low Pass filter board have the coils  wired in
parallel for each band.  The individual coil resistance is 400 ohms.
Thus with 2 in parallel then the measured resistance should be about 200
ohms.  It is typical for the coil to open. Measuring the resistance will
than allow one to determine the defective relays.   Usually the fault
appears as no output or low output as associated with only 1 or 2 bands.

73

Bob, K4TAX