[TenTec] Scout transmit problem

Bob McGraw K4TAX rmcgraw at blomand.net
Thu Jun 25 11:20:06 EDT 2020

Bob et al;

The most common issue with radios which have been stored, sitting on a
shelf, etc.  is oxidation of internal connectors.  I suggest cleaning
every one of them.

I use a Q-Tip with contact cleaner applied.  {you'll likely need several
Q-Tips} Unplug a cable, scrub the male pins, and then plug it back in
and out a couple of times to wipe the female contacts.   Do this one
cable at a time and be sure when plugging back in the connector is
correctly aligned and properly seated. DO NOT spray anything into the
radio.

This solves many of the issues with radios regardless of how "beautiful"
they are on the outside.  A radio which is not used regularly is a radio
more likely not to operate correctly when it is used.

73

Bob, K4TAX