[TenTec] Argosy with Linear

Bob McGraw K4TAX rmcgraw at blomand.net
Fri Mar 6 12:05:56 EST 2020

Yes that is correct, the number I have is 80853.    It allows the relay
on that board to connect the coil to the T/R line and the other end of
the coil to connect to +12VDC.   There is a diode across the coil for
back EMF.  The relay contacts are connected to a RCA connector on the
rear thus providing a closure when the T/R line is in transmit mode.

I would comment......the Argosy does not provide any delay between key
closure and RF output.  This WILL cause hot switching of any amplifier
being controlled by the T/R relay and subsequently the amplifier.
Also the Argosy is always in full QSK mode thus the relays will operate
with every key closure.

One can use a reed relay or like to handle the switching for SSB as
there is little likelihood when using  manual PTT.   For SSB VOX and CW,
be assured that hot switching will take place.       I am not aware of
any method to delay the RF output after key closure.

73

Bob, K4TAX