[TenTec] Omni Vl Plus Amplifier Switching

Carl Moreschi n4py3 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 27 12:17:30 EDT 2020

The scheme used in the Tentec radios that have TX EN and TX OUT goes
like this.

When the radio wants to transmit, it sets TX OUT low.  The amplifier is
supposed to receive this line and when the antenna relay in the
amplifier is transferred, that sends ground out the TX EN line.  So when
TX EN goes low, the radio actually sends out RF.

Tentec amplifiers have this.  Also Acom amplifiers have a key in and key
out line that is compatible with this scheme.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
127 River Moss Way
Hertford, NC 27944
www.n4py.com