[TenTec] Free: Apple TV Remote Gen 3

Byron Cordes byroncordes at icloud.com
Sun Mar 29 15:52:21 EDT 2020

Be sure to bond it to the meter loop ground . That will stop most of lightning damage. A little 4 foot ground rod is useless against even a slight lightning strike.
  We almost always run the cable tv in at meter loop and use meter loop ground. The same is true for phone line.  73s AC9PA Byron

Sent from my iPad

> On Mar 29, 2020, at 2:41 PM, Richard Bell <richfbell at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Thanks for the responseS on grounding.

I did some poking around and discovered the cable entrance is NOT grounded. I’m going to call Comcast to have them come out and correct it.

There was a nearby lightning strike take took out some of the distribution equipment and I assume more than just my modem.

Also appreciate the comment about homeowner insurance. The total loss for me was under $500, well under my deductible.

73 W5BXE