[TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 209, Issue 7

Jody Barefoot aj.barefoot.wy1p at gmail.com
Tue May 19 14:23:52 EDT 2020

     I have the green screen Jupiter (firmware v.1.33) and I use it
every day. The screen is easy to read. I think the green version might
be the easiest to see and green is easy on the eyes. Contrast is
adjustable in the menu. The filtering and noise reduction are very
effective. The only thing that can be hard to read (on both Jupiter and
Omni VII) is the S meter. Setting AGC to slow helps some. Ham Radio
Deluxe works well with it and has an easy to read S meter as well as a
very large display. You can also control the radio with that (and other)
software. I have the last free version but it's getting harder to find
online. Jupiter is my favorite radio. I also have a Corsair II.

     WY1P