[TenTec] Paragon 585 mystery board

Bill Acito w1pa at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 25 07:52:37 EDT 2020

I’m working on a Paragon and it has a small, extra board, 81420, mounted up close to the display.  The silkscreen and connectors match the rest, so I’m pretty sure it’s Ten Tec built, but I can find no references to it.

There is a classic Ten-Tec-keyer “orange spot” switch mounted on the top case,  and it has a 555timer  and 358 op amp, as well as a mini-piezo/speaker  on it.  I suspect it might be a 10-minute audible timer.   Anyone every seen one of these?

Bill W1PA