[TenTec] Paragon Reference Oscillator

Bob McGraw K4TAX rmcgraw at blomand.net
Sun Oct 25 21:54:36 EDT 2020

Pete;
If you get the reference oscillator on frequency and the BFO is off then the digital display will also be off frequency.

The reason I keep mentioning this is that I’ve seen no evidence other than your statement “the BFO’s are working correctly”.

I do not agree modifying the circuit will be a solution.   From experience having owned 2 different Paragon radios and repairing many many of these with various issues, this is a 40 year old radio and design.  If one ends up with a +/- 100 Hz error, I’d stop tweaking.

Bob, K4TAX

Sent from my iPhone