[TenTec] 238C TUNER

Bob McGraw rmcgraw at blomand.net
Mon Sep 7 10:06:05 EDT 2020

Tentec is presently doing service work in Sevierville.   They have a
large backlog of work due to the COVID shut-down starting in March.
They are not accepting any new service work at this time.

As to the 238 tuner {I don't know about a 538} they are rock solid and
contain only passive parts.  Other then physical destruction or a major
lightning strike, there is little to nothing to fail.   Components used
in the SWR/PWR circuit are generic and can be obtained in many  many
places.

If one racks the ANT selector or IMPEDANCE selector with power applied,
any fault which may occur is the result of lacking operator
discipline.   NEVER switch with power applied as it can cause
transmitter PA failure.

73

Bob, K4TAX

https://www.avg.com