[TenTec] Orion and amplifier fault

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 14:20:35 EDT 2021

There was a similar, but not quite the same, issue where the original 565
caused arc fault errors in Acom amplifiers.  The 565's bipolar PA output
transistors seemed to be the cause and the problem disappeared with the 566
that used different (FET) output transistors.  The work-around back then
was to use a high pass filter between the 565 and the Acom.  That
eliminated the arc faults, which seemed to be related to low frequency
spurs in the 565 rf output.

73, Barry N1EU