[TenTec] Orion II Transmit Audio issue(s)

Richard Bell richfbell at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 23 13:41:37 EST 2021

Bill,

Using an Orion 2 (recently acquired) with a Heil Proset 6 and having a mix issue. I’m about 2.25 miles from where a number of commercial FM and TV stations are located.

While the mix audio is very low level, it is a minor nuisance while in receive mode.  It has not produced any adverse transmit issues here.  I had not paid it any attention until I was working some CW recently.

No problem when using the same headset on my Omni VII.

Temporary fix for me has been coiling up a portion of the headset cable. Seems to have pretty much eliminated the issue until I can get a permanent solution in place.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

73 W5BXE Richard