[TenTec] Power output question....omni c

Bob McGraw rmcgraw at blomand.net
Sun Feb 7 15:38:49 EST 2021

The typical power spec is +/-1 dB.   That means anywhere from 80 to 125
watts is within spec.  10log(P1/P2) = DB

   Then add the +/-10% accuracy of the typical ham power meter and you
have ????????  But I'd say close to 100 watts on all bands is also typical.

Another factor to watch is current in amps while in transmit, CW mode,
key closed.  Again typical of a 100 watt radio is 18 to 22 amps.  If the
bias is not correct for the transistors you replaced then the output can
be affected.

73

Bob, K4TAX

https://www.avg.com