[TenTec] fixed PTO in Century 21, but 40m seems a bit high on the dial

brianpepperdine brianpepperdine brianpepperdine at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 12 17:19:36 EST 2021

Well, that's why the Wise Men say Sleep on It.
Well, I didn't sleep, but I might have been 'asleep'.
As it turns out, I think the 40 and 80m bands tune 'backward', in the sense that
they go up in freq as the PTO freq goes down (so band begins around 5.550 and
goes down for the count.. thus middle of 40m is 5.450 or thereabouts, I think).
I thought the mixing scheme was the other way around.

I will be monitoring things as now CW signals are back on the band after the
afternoon doldrums. I *think* I have had success in this rebuild. Will know more
when I get the front panel back on and can exercise the Zero Beat, Offset and
Drive Set etc. with buttons and knobs back on.

tnx for amusing yourself with my 'Billy as featured in Family Circus' circuitous
journey.... HI

Brian VE3HI  VE3VAW