[TenTec] recommendation for panadaptor for Orion

Carl Moreschi n4py3 at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 6 17:08:08 EST 2021

Hi Mike,

I have a one wire mod to bring the Orion sub-receiver antenna connection
out to the spare jack.  This then connects to the SDRplay antenna
connection.  You then run the SDRplay with HDSDR.  My N4PY Oiron
software will keep everything in exact sync allowing you to click on
signals on the HDSDR display and have the Orion instantly go there.  And
as you change frequency on the Orion, the SDRplay will follow it.

This is a superior way to use a panadapter with the Orion since you are
not limited to the Orion IF bandwidth.  I have been doing this for years
with great success.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
127 River Moss Way
Hertford, NC 27944