[TenTec] Hercules II LPF board issues

Ken Brown kenradiobrown at gmail.com
Sun May 9 10:21:04 EDT 2021

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the interesting information. I'm curious about the 160 and 80
meter filters. If their bandpasses were not at the right frequencies, where
were they before you changed the capacitor values? And what was the VSWR at
100 Ohms input impedance and 50 Ohms output at the frequencies they
previously worked best at?

I have a Hercules II and I like it a lot. Mine was not performing up to par
and I replaced all of the PA transistors. That brought the power back up to
specifications. Now after reading your post I wonder if it would work even
better and longer if I made the filter modifications you have made.

By the way, there are some very small PCB traces on the board that has the
band switch on it, and one of those traces needed to be repaired on mine. I
don't recall which band would not work because of that open PCB trace.

Thanks, Ken N6KB