[TenTec] Fwd: PC + MicroHam/MicroKeyer + Orion II: 20w out?

Bob, W3IDT w3idt at comcast.net
Sun Nov 14 19:42:46 EST 2021

Bob,

TNX for the reply (and your replies to many questions on this list)!

But...
>> Run WSJT-X as a stand-a-lone application

Should have added that I'm running them stand-alone
(either JTDX or WSJT - they behave the same).

>> set the levels set correctly.
I think I have everything set for maximum.

>> The fact you can get it working using the SP function says the audio is low getting to the radio.
Right.

>> Or the radio AUX gain is set too low.
As noted, AUX gain set to 100 (max)

The issue maybe the MicroHam/MicroKeyer.
That's why it was in the subject line.
(it's an older model,
but does fine for rig control and RTTY and CW).
Haven't tried SSB DVK through it for years.

W3DQ asked you about the Orion and FT8 some time ago.
That's why I included your exchange with him.

Obviously, I'm somewhat ahead of where W3DQ was,
actually getting some output (and working people).
Oh, Eric, w3dq, is a local, good friend.
Now uses a K3 for most operating.

I have an FTdx5000, but it lives at the W3LPL super-station
for the major contest season. I'm part of the multi-team.
And I do SS/SSB from there.

I had a round with Joe Subich, W4TV, about the
Microham/MicroKeyer some time ago.
Maybe I'll bug him again.

Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.

Bob, w3idt

. Robert F. Teitel, W3IDT
.
. w3idt at comcast.net