[TenTec] OMNI PTO parts around ?

Shawn Upton kb1ckt at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 22:25:46 EDT 2021

Good luck.  Not sure parts are available at all, so you may be "stuck", no pun intended, with reusing what you got, after a thorough cleaning.  I know I cleaned up my D a few years ago, and i probably need to do it again--not sure if it's wear or I just didn't get it clean enough.
Failing that, might want to look into an external VFO.  Might be a bit less scary to pull an external one apart, or perhaps just go hog wild on a digital VFO.
I believe K1OPQ has had some good luck with tri-flow (a lube meant for bicycle chains), a bit dripped in.  Perhaps standing the radio on its rear, couple drops into the PTO (after removing the knob), will help.
Shawn kb1ckt