[TenTec] Omni V backup battery

Bernie Skoch k5xs at aol.com
Thu Jun 16 12:10:57 EDT 2022

Wolfgang,
Looking at the Omni V schematic, the battery feeds two chips on the Logic board: U7 (which appears to be the main microprocessor) and U11, which converts TTL to RS232.
I wonder if you have anything plugged into the serial port which might be drawing it down. If not, I would look at U11 and its ancillary components first.
Have you measured current draw on the battery?
73,Bernie K5XS