[TenTec] TT 210 psu

ROLAND HOWELL snowy.howell at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 27 06:10:42 EDT 2022

Hi all
I recently sold a TT 210 power supply having tested it, as i always do,
before listing and subsequently selling.
The new owner commented on how well it was packed but then started to
doubt my parentage, my honesty and a host of other things that are not
printable.

What happened was that before hooking up to his radio he tested the NO
LOAD voltage which was approx 23volts, i sent him a refund and paid for
the return of the unit.

I tested it and sure enough 23 volts on the fluke 73, however when i
attached it to my dummy load at 1.5amps it immediately dropped to a
whisker under 12volts which is close to the rated output.

Wanted to keep it it as original as possible internally, this of course
may not be possible, i renewed 99% of the components, still same result.

Is this normal?

Or should i rebuild it using more modern components, a 7812 or 7815 etc.

As usual any and all thoughts/advice welcome

Thanks, Snowy G0HZE