[TenTec] Corsair II Audio Question

Bob DeVarney W1ICW w1icw at myfairpoint.net
Fri Mar 25 10:30:49 EDT 2022

Hi Shaun,

I believe the circuit you're referring to is likely the audio bandpass
filter. It allows you to "peak" the audio on a particular tone for CW
clarity, in addition to the optional IF filters.

I did the OPA2134 mod to mine, and did not quite see the same results. I
suspect the improvement they saw was from removing that section from the
audio path. I still say that the radio is "quieter" even if I can't
prove it with test equipment. I chose to keep the audio bandpass
functionality.

Overall, with the audio mods and the complete alignment I did, plus
adding a 250 Hz INRAD filter, this radio is a dream to operate on CW.
Too bad I got an Orion at the same time.. it will be a very choice to
decide which one stays, because I don't really have the room for both.