[TenTec] One of my Eagles is for sale.

Bob D. ajamas.rn at gmail.com
Wed May 11 15:41:10 EDT 2022

I have three Eagles. I use one HF, one for 6, and one for use with
transverters.. 160, 80, and 40 are crap to listen to here in the city. How
about using one of the Eagles at a friends, spare, 1 acre plot? He says
he'll cover power and internet if I put an Osprey platform on top of the
antenna mast. What can go wrong with a large raptor nesting on the antenna
mast?

It turns out that the Eagle is not a good candidate for remote operation.
Because, while PBT and RF gain can be read remotely, they can not be set
remotely.

So, one Eagle is for sale. Which one?

Asking price is for the base Eagle with 2.4 kHz filter and  unused Tentec
hand held microphone.

1. "Golden" Eagle. It's early production and has BJT finals. $650

2. Newer production Eagle with no modifications. $700

3. Newer production Eagle with MOSFET finals. This one has been modified to
duplicate the amplifier keying line at one of the 12 V accessory RCA
connectors. This is much easier than trying to run a key line and audio off
the little DIN Accessory connector. It also has a modification that
replaces the plastic PA thermal sensor with a metal sensor that is bonded
to the heat sink. I'm fond of this one. $750

Additions.
Built in tuner $150
AM filter $200
CW filter 300 Hz $150 <OR> CW filter 500 Hz $125
Tigertronics "SignalLink" wired for Eagle. Just add computer and software.
$100
Orion knob. Fits Eagle tuning shaft. Heavy, smooth, and big. $50

I'll cover packing. You'll cover shipping.

Let me know if interested and I can set up the Eagle with desired additions
and with a couple of days warning will be happy to demonstrate with dummy
load, on air, via recorded video, in person, or live via Whatsapp.

If price seems a little high, the radio I'm considering for remote has been
'inflated' too.

73, -bob ah7i

--
-do not look into LASER with remaining eye!