[TenTec] Corsair 2 RX issue

Shawn Upton kb1ckt at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 22:58:00 EDT 2022

I do mostly 40m CW, and sometimes I have issues with RX.  It will just fade away.  I tap the key and it comes back.  few seconds later, it fades away...

Thing is, it will not do this cold.  Sometimes it won't do this for an hour.  Then do for a few minutes, then work its way out of it.  Other times it seems to keep doing it once it starts.  Sometimes it will just do it to annoy me...  I don't work other bands all that much but I don't think it did it the other weekend on 20m, but maybe it was just in a good mood.  I tried wiggling the band knob tonight and that did not seem to help when it was acting up.
I haven't looked at the schematic but I'm guessing the TX/RX relay is on the way out.  But wondering if anyone else has seen this and has advice.
Thanks,Shawn kb1ckt