[TenTec] PTO Adjustment

Phil Coley dxingman at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 28 17:07:48 EDT 2022

Hi Shawn:
I’ve owned Corsair I & II over the years. I still have my complete Corsair II line with all accessories/ filters that I purchased at the end of the production run. They all experienced the wobble/jumping of frequency with the PTO when the grease started to harden or (with use & age) the brass shaft became worn. Usually the lack of maintaining proper grease on shaft resulted in premature wear on the shaft due to the softness. There have been many post on this list in the past regarding types of grease others found to do the job. A search of the archives will give you a lot of info. As for the drift, good luck. ALL of the Corsair units I’ve owned had some slight drift. Don’t know if any of the “compensating” kits are still available that worked fairly well in pulling the frequency back due to heat build up. They are a great radio for CW use and have a very good receiver even by todays standards.
73 Phil K4MPE

Sent from my iPhone SE