[TOEC] contesting in Sweden

SM0JHF sm0jhf@chello.se
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 13:24:01 +0100

Hello everybody;
Exactly one year ago I announced here (toec list) that I was looking for information about active contesters and contest groups in Sweden.
I received 3 replies: one from Tokyo, one from a club in SM2 , one from a very famous contester in SM0...
Well, Tokyo is not in Sweden, the SK2 club promised to deliver some background story and possibly pictures but they never came, and the
famous contester in SM0 wanted me to write an elegy about his contesting history and past scores...
I was and still am interested in the present state of things among contesters and contest groups in Sweden.
Lacking other information, I wrote a story for National Contest Journal about a club that I was a member of then (www.qsl.net/sk0ux/year2001/21st.htm)

Now I am preparing another story for another magazine and would like to appeal for some hints and eye-opening facts about contesting in Sweden today.
This week, I visited probably the most successful contest club in SM0 province, viz.SL0ZG/SL0W. Are there any more serious SM0/SK0/SL0 that aren't afraid of me? I would love to hear from groups in other districts. I know there are many ardent contesters in SM7, SM6, SM5, SM4... I know SM3's and SM2's are very active but maybe shy. How about SM1 area ? Is there any permanent contest station or group on Gotland?

I do understand some Swedish but in order to avoid misunderstandings I'd rather get information in English.
(English is not my language, I never lived in any English speaking country, but it seems that English has become the Esperanto of the 20th Century).

Thank you in advance

Henryk Kotowski
SM0JHF

--