[TOEC] WPX SSB - SM3W

SM3WMV Mikael sm3wmv at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 28 16:22:28 EST 2005

Jag postar det jag skrev på 3830!

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: SM3W
Operator(s): SM3WMV
Station: SM3WMV

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Bäck
Operating Time (hrs): 26
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:   13
   80:  300
   40:   65
   20:  624
   15:  413
   10:    0
------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Not a very serious effort from my side. I had planned a more serious one but
the
motivation totally failed on me when I started having rough problems on the
lowbands in the beginning of the contest. I usually dont feel I have such
problems on them but this time I did.

Otherwise stuff worked well, the SO2R setup is starting to come back to
normal
after the lightning strike I had this autumn that ruined very much of my
homebrew equipment but most of it has been improved rebuilds.

Plans for the summer is to get the 3el mono fixed JA to work better, maybe
move
it to another tower. It felt like it was needed at points in the contest. NA
opened very early (no good openings though) and when JA still was possible
work on 20m. Another thing is the try to fit another tower or try to get a
40m
yagi in the tower for the 20M yagis. I really need something better for the
lowbands!

My location really do SUCK against NA too, its only west coast that has got
decent signals. A 260m high mountain just a couple of km away makes
everything
under 8 degrees to hit the mountain so trying to work NA on 15m is not easy.
On
the other side the view towards japan is totally amazing, 87m drop from the
antenna down to the ocean and therefor I had 25% asia worked, even though I
missed half of the 15m JA openings since I overslept BOTH days.

Anyway, strange enough I didnt even feel loud into Europe, something I
usually
do especially on 20m and lost a lot of prefixes that way. Now I started to
feel
like trying it more serious in the CW part, THE mode for contesting!

Thanks all for the qsos!