[TOEC] Fw: Fick heller inte in mitt inlägg via reflektorn...

Per Eklund per.e at kommunicera.umea.se
Sat Sep 30 06:19:11 EDT 2006

Ännu en VB

----- Original Message -----
From: Mats Strandberg
To: per.e at kommunicera.umea.se
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2006 12:05 PM
Subject: Fick heller inte in mitt inlägg via reflektorn...

Hello everyone!

First of all I would like to express my appreciation for the fact that so many persons are involved with thoughts, ideas and emotions about how to further develop SAC into something even better.

I can not boast about my participation in SAC for many years now, but after almost 15 years of absence from both our wonderful hobby and from SAC, I all of a sudden regained the interest for both.

As OH1RX so well formulated, the reflector is not always the ideal way to finalize plans for new rules, but I see this forum as an important place where to at least view ideas and to come up with positive new thoughts. However, one must realize that a 49 year old lady has both conservative and new admirers who might have different perspectives and opinions. The beauty of a lady should be able to be seen from all those angles and perspectives and therefore my opinion is that there will be no FINAL truth about SAC.
Always there must be discussions how to improve and how to change.

I was a little surprised to realize that there obviously is no SAC Contest Committee (reading Teemu/SM0W´s words). The first thing to do actually would then be to quickly create such a group with participants from each Scandinavian country and also with one creative and efficient representative from both Europe and the DX-countries.

The key to success must be to also involve people from countries outside of Scandinavia and ask them about constructive opinions and suggestions/complaints to the present rules.

Each representative of each country/geographical region would then request ideas by email or other ways and make a summary of all such ideas that can be discussed in an open forum. I read somewhere that there is some kind of Cruise planned for January and perhaps that is the time when to make decisions for the 2007 or 2008 contest. According to my opinion it is better to initiate new GOOD and commonly agreed rules in 2008, rather than quickly organize something that will just be a mediocre compromize for 2007. Perhaps I am wrong about this issue, but it is better to have the aim to change SAC for a stable period of perhaps 10 years rather than all the time making minor changes and modifications for each year.

I hope that SAC will be able to get the face-lift she desires through constructive thinking between people of brother countries, without too much of preserve (revir) thinking and creation of national pacts.
After all - we are Scandinavians and our tradition is long to try to reach concensus through constructive and intelligent dialogue.

Best regards

SM6LRR (SJ6R) - Mats  (ex. member of SK6RR from the 80´s)