[TOEC] Congratulations Tonno!

Mats Strandberg sm6lrr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 05:03:22 EDT 2008

My humble congratulations and admiration for the SUPER PERFORMANCE of Tonno,
ES5TV, in the SAC SSB 2008 Contest!

I knew that he already was way ahead of me in terms of QSO numbers, but I
truly did not expect such a tremendous total score this year. The amount of
multipliers (179) was an improvement of 15% from the existing All Time High
record (since last year). The amount of multipliers last year were actually
achieved by taking advantage of a good and long Sporadic E opening between
Moscow and Scandinavia. This year, such openings did not exist at all, and
all QSOs were made on Tropo Scatter conditions.

Please find the interesting results and description from Tonno:
http://lists.contesting.com/_3830/2008-09/msg01338.html

I sincerely appreciated the stimulating competition during SAC, and I will
for sure accept the generous invitation to come and visit Tonno and study
the setup of his SO2R station. Without improving our own SO2R equipment, it
will be very hard to return the victory of SAC SSB to Moscow, and also to
return the All Time High Record ;)  I am sure that the Claimed Score of
Tonno will be enough to not only win the 2008 year contest, but also bring
the All Time High back to Estonia.

Again Tonno, thanks for great competition and Good Luck in future contests!

RK3AWL (R3/SM6LRR), Mats