[TOEC] Last Minute News - SAC 2009

Mats Strandberg sm6lrr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 05:55:47 PDT 2009

Hello!

We again repeat our invitation for participation in the 51st Scandinavian
Activity Contest!

Besides of this, we also have the pleasure to announce that Log Submission
and Result Processing will be a lot easier than before. SM3CER, Jan and
SM7LQV, Lars have performed a heroic work the last month to create a Log
Processing Robot, that not only will be able to automatically receive all
logs, but also to present a continuously updated Claimed Scores List, that
will grow upon the receipt of all logs.

The robot will also be very useful for crosschecking of log entries. The
speed of checking logs will be highly increased, and following the reduction
of this work compared to previous years, we can also assure that the Final
Results will be ready much earlier. Subsequently the deliveries of Awards
and Plaques will go much faster.

The new official Scandinavian Activity Contest site will be  www.sactest.net

Please find the UPLOAD CONTEST LOG button in the upper right corner of the
page, when you feel ready to submit your Cabrillo log.

NOTE!   The robot is under the final stages of adjustment, so until SAC CW
starts at 1200 hours UTC on Saturday, September the 19th, you might see some
development work going on. Many pages are not ready yet, but will be filled
with information as soon as possible. Please be patient...

We hope that this contest will be interesting and challenging for you - and
that you will have a chance to work many Scandinavians!

Also do not forget the SSB part taking place the weekend after the CW,
namely on September 26th-27th between 1200-1200 UTC

Please inform your contest friends, local club members and possible
International/National/Regional Forums about this unique Log Processing
Robot.

73 de R3/SM6LRR, Mats