[TOEC] No worries mate!

Ilkka Korpela Ilkka.Korpela at Helsinki.fi
Tue Sep 21 23:59:37 PDT 2010

Mats

   Take it easy, next two SACs are organized by OH and SM.
   The rotating organization is unique among contests in the
   world. I put also value on that, because it keeps contesting
   alive on LA and OZ. If a committee filled with OHs and SMs
   would take over, we no longer have SAC in the Nordic spririt,
   in which it was started in the 1950s. Consequence might be
   that LAs and OZs would be even less interested, and their leagues
   might stop investing in the prizes.

   I see opportunities in a committee consisting of the same
   four league representatives helped by a technical commission,
   which hosts skills in log-processing, does the actual advertising,
   and prize delivery, web etc. Bills would be payed by the leagues.
   All this has to be presented to the leagues in a convinient manner.
   And I think it has been proposed - thus it strikes me that we
   are not there yet.

   2011 OH, 2012 SM - we have time. No worries mate.

   ilkka